Tuesday, October 19, 2010

So many changes in so little time!

I really can't remember life without Sutton, but when I sit down and ponder on it, he's only been here 5 months and that is just a drop in the bucket of time. I am truly amazed at all the changes we've seen in him in just that short period. I'm amazed at how Rusty and I have grown as parents and how our love for each other has grown since Sutton came into our lives. I really can't imagine a life without my two guys. I am so blessed to have a sweet, even-tempered baby boy and a supportive, caring, funny, and straight-shooting husband.
There are so many things that Sutton is doing now that I really haven't mentioned on Facebook or on here.

  • He's rolling over, both from his back to his belly and from his belly to his back.
  • He sleeps on his tummy, even if you lay him down on his back and it's so simply sweet to see his little cheek pressed against the sheets of his crib, squishing his lips up as he slumbers away.
  • He loves to chew on his feet and fingers and (luckily) has not shown any tendencies to suck his thumb.
  • He now has TWO teeth! His bottom middle teeth hav both come in and they are so cute! I will say it's a bit disconcerting to look at a five month old who has teeth. It's like a weird baby/toddler look.  His first one came in on October 1, just three days before the 5 month milestone and the other came through this past weekend while Rusty and I were in Lubbock.
  • He reaches for everything! You have to hide his bottle from him until you're ready to give it to him or he'll go nuts reaching for it, leaning towards to and making a fishy-face and noises. Not going to lie, sometimes we tease him because it's so cute!
  • He likes all fruit, squash and green beans, but not peas! I guess I'll still be the only one in the house who eats them.
  • He is very ticklish, just like me! Tickling his ribs, thighs and neck will make him laugh so hard he gets hiccups.
I'm so excited about Halloween this year. We have an early Halloween party to go to this weekend and Sutton (finally) gets to wear the costume I ordered him months ago. Can't wait to see him in his dragon costume! I'm going to go ahead and dress up for the party, too. It's going to be a suprise, and I sure hope it turns out ok.
Sutton and I are going to spend some quality Mommy/Son time together this week. Rusty is in Kansas for EM training. I know Sutton and I both are going to  miss him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment